You will connect Elementary Cloud to Postgres for syncing the Elementary schema (created by the Elementary dbt package).
Create a user for Elementary cloud
On your dbt project, run:
## Print the query you should run to generate a user
dbt run-operation create_elementary_user
This command will generate a query to create a user with the necessary permissions. Run this query on your data warehouse with admin permissions to create the user.
Permissions and security
Elementary cloud doesn't require read permissions to your tables and schemas, but only the following:
- Read-only access to the elementary schema.
- Access to read metadata in information schema and query history, related to the tables in your dbt project.
It is recommended to create a user using the instructions specified above to avoid granting excess privileges. For more details, refer to security and privacy.
Fill the connection form
Provide the following fields:
- Host: The hostname of your Postgres account to connect to. This can either be a hostname or an IP address.
- Port: The port of your Postgres account to connect to. This is usually
- Database name: The name of the database where your Elementary schema exist. e.g.
- Elementary schema: The name of your Elementary schema. Usually
- User: The name of the for Elementary user.
- Password: The password associated with the provided user.
Add the Elementary IP to allowlist
Elementary IP for allowlist:
Have a question?
We are available on Slack, reach out for any kind of help!