You will connect Elementary Cloud to Redshift for syncing the Elementary schema (created by the Elementary dbt package).
Create a user for Elementary cloud
On your dbt project, run:
dbt run-operation create_elementary_user
This command will generate a query to create a user with the necessary permissions. Run this query on your data warehouse with admin permissions to create the user.
Permissions and security
Elementary cloud doesn’t need permissions to your tables and schemas. It is recommended to create a read only user for the elementary schema only. For more details, refer to security and privacy.
Fill the connection form
Provide the following fields:
- Host: The hostname of your Redshift account to connect to. This can either be a hostname or an IP address.
- Port: The port of your Redshift account to connect to. This is usually
- Database name: The name of the database where your Elementary schema exist. e.g.
- Elementary schema: The name of your Elementary schema. Usually
- User: The name of the for Elementary user.
- Password: The password associated with the provided user.
Add the Elementary IP to allowlist
Elementary IP for allowlist: